Answer Techs online now Browse more Answer Techs
Take a Closer lookA Microsoft Answer Tech will find and eliminate detected viruses and malware from your PC, and tailor your PC's settings to help make it more secure. Comprehensive diagnosis to help track down viruses, malware, and spyware. Elimination of detected threats to keep your files safer. Active defense. We'll install Microsoft Security Essentials if you don't have virus removal software. Tailored security settings to help block future threats. Security tips to keep your PC safer from future attacks. Continued protection. If your PC gets re-infected within 30 days of your service, just come back. Any Answer Tech will help you, no charge.
How it worksVirus Removal & Protection is provided remotely over the Internet by Microsoft-trained Answer Techs. They're available online to provide your service 24/7 throughout the US, whenever it works best for you. If you want, you can check out our Answer Tech page to decide which Answer Tech is the right fit for you. You'll need to allow the Answer Tech to connect remotely to your computer. We highly recommend you back up your computer before getting your service. Here's a list of everything you'll need to get online help from Answer Desk:
- Microsoft account
- Phone to speak to the Answer Tech while they're working on your PC
- Broadband Internet connection
- Windows XP SP1, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Internet Explorer 7 or Mozilla Firefox 3.6 and higher
- 300 MHz or higher (processor clock speed recommended), 233 MHz minimum required (single or dual processor system)
- Intel Pentium/Celeron, or AMD K6/Athlon/Duron, or compatible processor recommended
- 256MB RAM or higher recommended (the minimum may limit performance and some features)
- SVGA (1024x768) or higher
- Recommended use of default browser security setting levels
- Macromedia Flash 8 and up.